ObjectFrontier (OFS) panelist joins in a discussion of AI and Blockchain in Healthcare at Goizueta Business School
Transforming healthcare through technology is no longer the Sisyphean task it once was. Technologies such as blockchain and artificial intelligence (AI) are helping to drive change, prevent illnesses and reshape healthcare IT. These two technologies are beginning to change the huge business of healthcare and will continue to transform the industry in many important ways in the future.
Ganeshram Ramamurthy, Technical Architect at OFS, was among six panelists who discussed how new healthcare possibilities are enabled by leveraging artificial intelligence and blockchain technologies.
The recent discussion was moderated by Professor Benn Konsynski, who is the George S. Craft Distinguished Professor of Business Administration for Information Systems and Operations Management at Emory University in Atlanta. The event was sponsored by Atlanta Applied Artificial intelligence and Health Futures Forum and was held on Thursday, February 22, 2018
The panel-led discussion on “AI and Blockchain in Healthcare” included the following panelists:
- Frank Mascarenhas - CEO, Touchpointz
- Nicole Morris - Emory Law Schooland Director of TI:GER
- Ganeshram Ramamurthy - Technical Architect, ObjectFrontier Software
- Thomas Savel - Director of the Informatics Innovation Unit, CDC
- Chrissa McFarlane - CEO, Patientory
- Roop Singh - Founder and Principal, Intuit Factory
This panel shared their thoughts on how the combination of AI and blockchain technologies is a game changer in the healthcare industry, with implications for patient records, predictive analytics, payer-provider relationships and doctor/patient relationships.
- The blockchain technology trend toward more patient control will challenge the assumption of who owns or has rights to patient data
- Growing ecosystem of private blockchains mature and evolve
- Blockchaintechnology can provide more options for patients about where to go for their healthcare needs, including a huge growth in freestanding clinics
- AI will also help regional hospitals survive in the future by offering speed to value and speed to money
- Blockchain exists as a shared and continually reconciled database and is not stored on a centralized single server, making it virtually impossible for hackers to corrupt or steal data
- Blockchain allows providers to quickly obtain and review vast amounts of data across different providers and healthcare facilities. It also allows them to securely share that information with patients, family members, caregivers, nurses and specialists
About Emory University: Emory University, a top-ranked private institution recognized internationally for its outstanding liberal arts colleges, graduate and professional schools, and one of the world's leading healthcare systems, is located on a beautiful campus in Atlanta, Georgia. Please visit www.emory.edu. For watching click here.
For more information: https://www.emorybusiness.com/2018/03/16/ai-blockchain-and-the-future-of-healthcare/
About OFS: OFS helps leading Fortune 1000 companies to create transformative, commercial-grade software products and mobile digital solutions. OFS technical leaders serve today's biggest and best companies in a variety of industries including Media, Healthcare, Security, Finance, and Telecommunications. We pride ourselves in our relentless pursuit of demonstrably different software engineering, particularly within the confluence of cloud, blockchain, data analytics, mobility and user experience. Founded in 1997, OFS’s heritage is in serving independent software vendors and with architecting cloud-based, multi-tenant, multi-geographic, and multi-lingual software products. A specialist with scale, OFS delivers unprecedented insight, intelligence and solutions to today's most extraordinary and innovative companies. OFS has more than 600 employees spread across its U.S. offices in Atlanta, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Boston and Washington D.C., and its development center in Chennai, India. For more information, please visit http://blockchain.objectfrontier.com/ or www.objectfrontier.com